Mz Manners

You won't get this kind of advice from your mom and grandma.

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Top 10 Reasons Bush Should Attend Finishing School



No. 10: SPYING ON CITIZENS IS BOTH RUDE AND INAPPROPRIATE

(Not to mention against our civil liberties).



Proper etiquette dictates (as does policy) that the NSA is to spy on foreigners, not red-blooded Americans. Proper etiquette dictates that you should always obtain permission. Bush didn't ask the appropriate people before telling the NSA to spy (you know, like Congress or the judiciary), but he did speak to the executives of the New York Times to convince them not to publish the story they uncovered about a year ago.

Lucky for us the Times published their story or else we would miss yet another reason to be indignant and to heat our simmering distrust of the national leadership.

To be continued.....

8 Comments:

  • At 12:17 AM, Blogger frad-ster said…

    Mz. Manners - I have left a response for you on my blog. As noted in my response I would appreciate it if you acted with manners. I do not appreciate blog trolls and I will take action if you to not cease.

     
  • At 7:51 PM, Blogger Mz Manners said…

    Dear Frad-ster,

    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! Though I do not know exactly what a "blog troll" is, I can only assume it is a compliment since you are directing the phrase toward me. I am glad you stopped by and hope you learned a lot about etiquette and manners. Carry on!

    Your friend,
    Mz Manners

     
  • At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What if the person the government is spying on is an American, BUT his parents are foreigners. Then is it okay?

    American Lover

     
  • At 12:44 AM, Blogger Catamite's Corner said…

    Just smoked own turd fungi.
    Feel OK.
    Sort of.

     
  • At 11:43 AM, Blogger Mz Manners said…

    Dear Catamites Corner,

    Thank you so much for this information. I was unaware that turd fungi was smokeable. Please keep us updated as to your condition. If you ever need help getting yourself off the turd, please let me know. We are all here for you poopmaster8766!

    Your friend,
    Mz Manners

     
  • At 3:20 PM, Blogger Toby said…

    There are a lot of things I think George Bush should do.

     
  • At 8:01 AM, Blogger Mz Manners said…

    Dear Toby,

    Do tell! Don't keep your good ideas to yourself! I'm all curious about what *you* think Bush should do.

    Love,
    Mz Manners

     
  • At 8:04 AM, Blogger Mz Manners said…

    Dear Anonymous,

    I'm glad you love America. Love in all of it's forms is a beautiful thing.

    You know, I believe it is NOT okay to spy on foreigners who are contributing to our great nation's GNP and making a life on our soil. That's just rude. We are, after all, a nation of immigrants.

    Love,
    Mz Manners

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home